[GCC-XML] Tag location for function and method.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 10:09:50 EST 2005

Brice Orsaud wrote:
> In XML the tag location for a function stands for the file where the
> function is defined. In my case I would like to change this file by file
> where the function is declared (if it exists). I would like to know if
> it’s possible, and what files are impacted by this modification.

I doubt it's possible because the declaration can be in more than one
place but there can be only one definition.  You might be able to
reverse-engineer how GCC deals with multiple declarations by dumping toy
examples in which you duplicate a function declaration in more than one
header file and leave out the definition completely.  Source files in
GCC-XML that may help you are GCC/gcc/cp/cp-tree.h and GCC/gcc/cp/xml.c.