[GCC-XML] tarball

Sagrailo sagrailo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:08:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> Sagrailo wrote:
> > Is there any particular reason why the release of this project cannot be
> > made from back in 2004?
>
> No, we simply have not gotten around to doing one.  Releases are time
> consuming.

I understand; please at least count a vote for have a release sometimes: it
is easier indeed to create a package when official tarball is available for
download, and then there are other advantages from the user point of view,
for example  CVS serving is rather slow - it took me more than hour to get
the whole gccxml tree from the CVS last evening, while when I created
tarball it was ~17MB, which I would have downloaded in couple minutes if
served through HTTP, FTP or something alike...

Related question: is there a chance to have gccxml merged into the gcc
source tree (as some kind of back-end, I guess) at some point?

Thanks.