[GCC-XML] tarball

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Wed Oct 1 12:33:24 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 08:43:36AM -0400, Brad King wrote:

> Not to my knowledge.  So far people have gotten along with the cvs
> checkout instructions.  I think some linux distros include snapshots of
> a cvs version.  I know debian 'testing' comes with a gccxml package.

Yes, and it is built from a CVS snapshot created whenever I get around
to it.

I'm always slightly nervous about pulling from CVS head, since I'm
never sure whether you're in the middle of disruptive changes or not.
However, I mainly build the Debian package in order to build ITK (for
Debian).  I figure if ITK builds, then gccxml must be OK.  :-)

I imagine that gccxml is not under such heavy development that I will
run into brokenness regularly.  In a perfect world, it would be nice
if there was some way of identifying a stable point in CVS.  But the
status quo has worked for 2.5 years.

-Steve