[GCC-XML] Trouble Using Gccxml with Windows VC80 and STL

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 8 13:47:48 EDT 2008

Christian Tonn wrote:
> -iwrapper"C:/Programme/gccxml/share/gccxml-0.9/Vc8/Include"
[snip]
>    #include <vector> //new
[snip]
> Since I am using the STL vector template each gccxml run is crashing. This
> is the first part of the error output:
[snip]
> C:/Programme/gccxml/share/gccxml-0.9/Vc8/Include/xutility:2682: error:
> '::stdext [...]
>
> ... I think STL is not working. I successfully ran the
> "gccxml_vcconfig.bat".
>
> 1. Did I miss something in my setup?

I don't think so.  What was the output of gccxml_vcconfig.bat?  It
should be safe to just run it again.

> 2. Is there a way to use gccxml and STL-containers together in windows?

Yes.  It is supposed to just work.

> 3. Has anyone tried something like this?

Yes.

> 4. Currently, I am using the STL delivered with MS VisualStudio 2005. Am I
> supposed to use another STL implementation to make it work?

No, the native one should work.

> 5. Is a patch of the /gccxml/share/gccxml-0.9/Vc8/Include/ files necessary?

No.  The whole point of the share/gccxml-0.9/Vc8/Include directory is to
contain copies of the VS header files that have been patched so that
gccxml can parse them.  The gccxml_vcconfig.bat file is meant to detect
VS installations so that it can copy and patch the headers.  The option

  -iwrapper"C:/Programme/gccxml/share/gccxml-0.9/Vc8/Include"

means gccxml knows where to find the patched headers.