[GCC-XML] wrong artificial op=()

Hady Zalek hady.zalek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:01:22 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble with GCCXML from 18-02-2009. I think it's related to
Axel's problem. I already submitted a bug report at
http://www.gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=8635 but thought it might be a good
idea to also post here to keep this thread complete.

from the bug report:

I slightly modified Axel's example to add a new class 'W':

struct U {
private:
   U& operator=(const U&);
};

struct V: public U {
};

struct W: public V {
};

running [gccxml test-1.h -fxml=a.xml] produces a public artificial operator
element for W ('W::operator=') in the output xml file.

I then modified the class names to the following:

struct S {
private:
   S& operator=(const S& that);
};

struct T: public S {
};

struct U: public T {
};

running [gccxml test-2.h -fxml=a.xml] now produces a public 'T::operator='.
Note that the operator now appears on 'T', the intermediate base in 'U's
inheritance hierarchy. Adding more classes always seems to skip the operator
for 'U' but not the others.

Any chance of getting this fixed?

Cheers,
Hady