[GCC-XML] GccXml and STL

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 21 09:47:24 EST 2012

On 2/21/2012 9:25 AM, Christopher Lamothe wrote:
> Currently I am working on upgrading our system to work with MsDev2010

Due to introduction of C++11 features in their headers, gccxml
unfortunately does not fully support VS 10:

   http://www.gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=11463

 > GCC_XML has no problem parsing this and my code seems to
 > function correctly. However what about the class size? Will the
 > compiler adjust for the actual size of the class or is there a
 > possibility that my objects body will overlap in the heap?

ABI information cannot be reliably extracted from gccxml output
because it does not really know anything about the real compiler's
target architecture.  The size is there only because it was easy
to implement and was useful to some people, but is not an accurate
representation of the ABI used by the real compiler.