[GCC-XML] RE: GCC-XML extension

Dupont, Michael michael.dupont at mciworldcom.de
Thu Jan 18 16:50:04 EST 2001

>> This would require a bit of thought as to how the data would be used and
referenced
by the different applications.

Exactly that is the issue that I have been looking into,
"what data member really points to what type of data", what is the root of
the tree.
this will be of use,
I am even a working on graph output of the data structures using the VCG
tool.

>>  On this vein, how about re-writing the error/warning stuff from GCC to
produce a formal XML document.
That would be in diagnostic.c,

Of course, that would be a *GREAT* help to all the Template Hackers of the
world,
think about the great usefullness of that........
And the size of some of the error messages!

That would use the c++ dump from brad, and the statement and expression
dump, that I am working on.
and it would limit the size of the output and give a nice application.
Sounds like a good test of technology.

Mike