[GCC-XML]Extraction of function body code

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 05:55:50 EST 2002

Hey brad, i think your assessment of the introspector it perfect,
we look at the internal representation, you are doing more
interpretation. The introspector is concerned with getting all this
data out of the respective program (gcc, bison, make, bash, and other
free tools), not exactly what the data is : of course this is
important, be we are just trying to provide a free and open interface
into the gcc.

The class model of the gcc nodes we are building is tested by new input
data from the gcc, then we use that to train the model to find out if
we are missing types and fields.

You might want to take a look at the new cvs version of the gcc
introspector. We support function body dumping, and currently are
testing the new rdf/rdfland interface.

RDF/Redland uses swig to provide perl,java,tcl and ruby interfaces and
allows for berkley db storage. Later is will support sql storage, but
we have our own anyway for mysql and posgres.

We are looking for testers...
mike

--- Rob Marsden <rmarsdena at cix.co.uk> wrote:
> Being a newcomer to gcc-xml, I'm still a but uncertain of its
> capabilities. I've managed to analyse some simple VC6 programs, but
> have
> failed with more complex examples that involve comdef.h etc.
>
> My main query, at this stage, is whether or not it is possible to
> extract
> function body code from the source files, or if not, can it be
> derived, in
> any way, from a combination of XML file and original source file.
>
> Rob in the West Riding

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/