[GCC-XML]dtd for gccxml

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 30 16:26:54 EST 2002

Kevin,

> Is there a dtd for the xml gen'd by gccxml? I'm a bit new to XML but
> from what i've read so far a dtd would add a lot of meaning to the
> xml. If there isn't a dtd is there at least something that defines
> what the complete set of elments are?
Sorry, there is no DTD.  GCC-XML is immature, as it was completed with
only enough support for information needed by another project (its funding
source).  For now you can get a list of elements by downloading the source
and running this command:

grep "<[A-Z]" xml.c

In the next week or two, I will be beginning extensive changes that will
probably totally break backward compatability.  The changes are planned to
drastically reduce the size of the output (less verbose output, but still
with all the information).  If time allows, I will add function body
support as well.  If you are planning to write a parser for the output,
you may wish to wait a few weeks for these changes.