[GCC-XML]gcc2xml and macros

Sebastien.deMentendeHorne at electrabel.com Sebastien.deMentendeHorne at electrabel.com
Mon May 6 12:15:41 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I found the project after looking for exactly what it is : an easy way to
dig in the code in a programmatic way.

I have some questions at first sight (it is still compiling) :
 - What is the link with  <http://introspector.sourceforge.net/>
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/, if any ?
 - is there a xml -> gcc frontend already built ?
 - is it possible to introduce some "new macros" contructions in C/C++ that
gccxml will leave untouched and that could be interpreted on an XML
processor ?

In fact, I would like to replace those difficult templates with a nicer
notation that will be processed in an XML processor.
The general flow of the compilation process for the C/C++ newly macroified
would be:
    C/C++ source with new macros
        \--(gccxml)--> XML code with macros
            \--(xml processor)--> XML code with macros processed
                \--(? xml2gcc ?)--> real code

As XML is real close to Lisp/Scheme way of thinking (list processing) and
that Lisp/Scheme macros are much more powerwul (expresive), I think this
approach can be interesting.

Any feedback is welcome !

Sébastien de Menten               |    ELECTRABEL
Tel:  ++32 10 48 51 76            |    Quantitative Analysis,
Fax:  ++32 10 48 51 09            |    Place de l'université, 16, 4ème étage

Gsm:  ++32 478 789 444            |    B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, BELGIUM