[GCC-XML]-fxml-start

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Sep 10 20:47:12 EDT 2002

> Its easy for me to understand using the name of a class as the
> -fxml-start arg but what if i have a .h file that hasn't any class
> specified? Is there a way to specify this file only and not those files
> included?

GCC-XML is a full C++ parser, including a preprocessor.  By the time it
parses your header file, it has been included in-place in an entire
translation unit.  There is no way for GCC-XML to know what came from that
file.  I suppose it is possible to walk the entire tree of declarations
looking for those that came from the file, and then use those as starting
points.  However, everything referenced by the header would also be
dumped.  Unfortunately I don't have time to implement this now.  I'll keep
it in mind for future development, though.

A namespace can also be specified as a starting point, or even a function
name.  You might be able to get away with one of these features.