[GCC-XML]Explicit template instantiation

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Feb 19 17:53:44 EST 2003

>  - With Linux RH 7.3 and gcc-2.95.2 it works. But, the class
> vector<double> in not in the std namespace.

This behavior is expected because gcc 2.95's library does not have the
vector class template in the std namespace.  The "std" namespace on that
compiler is a hack that just loops back to the global namespace.

>  - With Linux RH 7.3 and gcc-3.2 it does not generate the class
> information for vector<double> but it generates other classes involving
> this one like __normal_iterator<A*,std::vector<A, std::allocator<A> > >

I've now duplicated this problem, but I haven't tracked down the problem
yet.

>  - With Windows and VC 6.0 it does not work.

Please add "--print" to the command line you used and send me the output.

Thanks,