[GCC-XML]RedHat 7.3 install problems

Evan Carew carew at pobox.com
Thu Feb 27 17:39:00 EST 2003

I just downloaded both the binary distro and the patched source of gcc
3X. I would rather use the binary distro (since it looks easy to
install), but I couldn't get it to work. The thing kept crashing with a
seg fault. In looking at the full tar ball, it looks like I will need to
install the 3X GCC compiler, and I guess my question is, is there a
better way?

I have an existing install of Linux with the 2.96 compiler that came
with this redhat distro, and I'd like to keep it that way. Has anyone
had any luck getting this thing to work in such an environment?

Thanks,
Evan Carew