[GCC-XML]Hello -- A few newbie questions ??

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 08:00:11 EST 2003

--- John van Vlaaderen <john-at-thinman at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am not a C or C++ programmer, just a sys admin and perl/shell
> hack.
>
> I am very intrigued by your concept though because it addresses an
> issue
> with Perl.
>
> I have wanted to be able to manage perl packages and modules and
> methods
> in a visual way -- and possible transport these modules to other
> machines which could manage them as well with browsers.
>
> Then the elegant concept of encasing the machine code right in the
> readable format, XML, jumped out at me as a way of supporting
> different
> machines.
>
> Now I am thinking in terms of base64 encoding.. just wondering if
> anybody on this list has had similar ideas -- or could help me a
> little
> clarify my concept.

I think we need to talk. Have you looked at B::Deparse, B::ToXMl, and
the new parrot bytecode. That might be more what you are interested in.

I have been researching into perl, parrot and perl6 support for the
introspector, also in the handling of the source code and method
bodies.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont