[GCC-XML]gcc-3.3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Mar 26 10:50:32 EST 2003

> Has anyone looked into porting gcc-xml to gcc 3.3?  It seems that some
> things have changed in the compiler and the manual patching instructions
> do not work.

With its new parser, I'm sure the internal representation has changed a
bit.  I do not have time right now to look at this.  Eventually, support
for this compiler is planned in order to take advantage of its more
powerful parser.

However, since GCC-XML is a stand-alone tool, it does not need to be
integrated into your main compiler.  You can still use a patched gcc 3.0.4
for GCC-XML while using any other compiler you wish for your main
compiler.  Only the gccxml_cc1plus executable contains any code from GCC.