[GCC-XML]Including typedefs in the type graph.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 27 13:28:47 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Paul Ross wrote:

> I am using gccxml (great product by the way!) for an API documentation
> project and I was wondering whether it was possible to include typedef
> information in the graph that resolves type information.

This is a good idea, and has been requested before.  Thanks for taking the
time to implement it!

> I finally got this working and seems to be fine on the tests I have run.
> If you have typedefs to other typedefs or mixed pointer/references it
> seems to chain them all together as the correct graph.
>
> It requires the following changes in xml.c (the diff for $Revision:
> 1.61 $ is in the postscript):

Unfortunately, the current revision of xml.c is 1.65, and the changes
since 1.61 have already changed the same two functions.  I don't have time
to manually merge your changes, so please submit a new patch against 1.65.
The new function to change is xml_print_type_idref.  It is a little tricky
now due to cv-qualification creating separate nodes.

Thanks,