[GCC-XML]"__thread" now a reserved word in gcc 3.3

Dan Halbert halbert at bbn.com
Thu Mar 4 16:33:02 EST 2004

Hi, I am using gccxml in conjunction with Boost.Python's pyste tool.

I was using gccxml-0.4.2, but wanted to switch to 0.6.0 because of the
support for exception specifiers.

We are using gcc 3.2.2 on a RH7.3 system. As of gcc 3.3, "__thread"
has become a reserved word. This causes problems with my RH7.3
/usr/include/pthread.h, which happens to use "__thread" as an ordinary
variable name.

I #include <pthread.h> in the code I run through gccxml.
Without patching my pthread.h, is it possible to get gccxml-0.6.0
not to treat  "__thread" as a reserved word? I thought it could
imitate the behavior of previous compilers, but perhaps this is
an exception.

I have tried rebuilding gccxml-0.6.0 from scratch, using my gcc 3.2.2
as its basis. But the problem persists.

Thanks a lot,
Dan Halbert