[GCC-XML]ID attribute

mdupont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 02:55:15 EST 2004

Jason Stanek wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to GCCXML and to XML in general.  I've been working on some
> DOM Java code to read in the XML data and then perform some lookups
> and the like.  I'm trying to use the Document.getElementById function
> of DOM to lookup various classes, methods, etc.  But unfortunately, it
> always returns null.  In the javadoc it mentions that elementID must
> be set for this to work.  It also says the existence of an id
> attribute does not mean I can look the element up with getElementById.

According to the xml spec, the xmlid must be unique in the document, and
a alphanumberic name.
It also has to be set.

 >I'm unsure if I am supposed to programmatically set elementID or if
this is something that should be specified in the >XML file.  Is anyone
familiar with this problem or have any suggestions?

Please provide a snippet of the xml that you are looking to find, Is the
id not set?

mike