[GCC-XML]template question

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 14:09:46 EST 2004

David Beck wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> First let me express how much I appreciate the work you did.
> I bumped into the project by accident although I'm looking  for a
> solution for a problem for quite a long while. The XML files gccxml
> creates almost fully solves that.
>
> I tried an older 0.4.x version that dumped templated classes well, but
> the new 0.6.0 version omits them. Did I overlook something?

This is definately a bug, and I can't believe this wasn't discovered
earlier.  If the template instantiation is not referenced in the
interface to something else that is dumped, it is not included.  The bug
was introduced on June 17, 2003 when I fixed the "_0" problem previously
discussed on the list.  The fix was intended to remove the dumping of
fake template instantations produced by GCC's parser, but it was too
aggressive.

I've committed changes to the CVS version of GCC-XML that fix both bugs.
  The changes have also been merged to the 0.6 branch for inclusion in
the 0.6.1 release.