[GCC-XML] unsupported type tree_list?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 9 17:36:31 EST 2004

John Morrison wrote:
> Hi;
>
> (1) Keep in the back of your mind that I still get that "id collision"
> error.  (I am building gccxml from CVS sources, so I don't think I
> have the version that puts the property characters "c" and/or "v"
> after the IDs -- I have the "new" scheme?)

The CVS version does put the c/v characters there.  I do not know why
you are not getting them for that type.  Do you for other types?  I
would like to fix this but I need to be able to reproduce it.  If you
could send me the preprocessed source via private email in a compressed
file then I can look at it.

> (2) I see about 50 lines of the following when running gccxml on code
> that uses STL (there are no other diagnostics):
>
> xml_find_template_parm encountered unsupported type tree_list

This looks like a separate issue.  Please submit this to the bug tracker:

http://www.gccxml.org/Bug

If you can produce it just by including STL headers in a small source
file, please include it in the submission.

> (3) I get the following (bogus?) xml output from stl_alloc.c, line 338.
>
>   <Enumeration id="_20571" name="._50" context="_5653" access="private"
> location="f505:338" file="f505" line="338" artificial="1" size="32"
> align="32">
>
> I think it's bogus in that there doesn't seem to be any "_50" anything
> anywhere in the file (or in the include directory).

The "._50" is a name generated by GCC for some internal variable.  It is
safe to ignore these.

One way to cleanup/shorten the output is to use the "-fxml-start"
option.  You can name any declaration and the dump will include only
that and anything it references directly or indirectly (the subgraph of
references if walked).  The default start declaration is the global
namespace so everything is dumped.  See "gccxml --help" for how to use
the option.