[GCC-XML] Re: Parsing MS gdiplus.h with gccxml

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Oct 28 15:58:38 EDT 2004

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> writes:

> GdiPlus.h uses 'forward declaration' of enums, like this:
>
> enum EmfPlusRecordType;
> enum EmfPlusRecordType
> {
>     WmfRecordTypeSetBkColor              = GDIP_WMF_RECORD_TO_EMFPLUS(META_SETBKCOLOR),
>     WmfRecordTypeSetBkMode               = GDIP_WMF_RECORD_TO_EMFPLUS(META_SETBKMODE),
>     WmfRecordTypeSetMapMode              = GDIP_WMF_RECORD_TO_EMFPLUS(META_SETMAPMODE),
> [...]
>
> gccxml complains:
[...]

Forget the error messages I posted, they were from a different run - but
the problem remains, gccxml doesn't parse the above construct.

FWIW, I tried to patch the offending file and put it into the
..\Vc71\PlatformSDK\Include directory, relative to the gccxml exe file,
but gccxml still uses the original file.  Is the list of patched files
built into the exe?

Thomas