[GCC-XML] I saw a way to export struct size and member offset .. is it a patch? or available in the current version?

Thomas Menguy thomas.menguy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:37:59 EST 2005

Hi,

We are working on a component based technologie...and to describe
interfaces gccxml is a great tool! so first thanks a lot for bringing
it to life.

gccxml using directly gcc trees and so one it seems possible to
extract types sizes and members offset in a struct or class, anyway
those attributs are not there in the latest version (not the CVS one
but the compiled one).

I found a thread ([GCC-XML] pragmas, preprocessor) dealing with that
subject ... and it seems to be exactly what I need so here is my
question:
-is it available?
-is there an hidden option to activate it?
-does it need work? (if yes I would be happy to contribute)

all those sizeof computation may be done on the xml as an after step
... but it would be some much better to have directly the gcc size and
offset computation!

Thanks a lot,
Keep up the good work
Thomas

PS : I have issues accessing the CVS tree, I get a
cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs at www.gccxml.org:/cvsroot/GCC_XML login" login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at www.gccxml.org:2401:/cvsroot/GCC_XML login
cvs [login aborted]: /cvsroot/GCC_XML login: no such repository ???
is there a change in the tree?