[GCC-XML] opteron, operator new(unsigned int)

David Pare DaveFairtex at aim.com
Thu Jul 21 01:23:57 EDT 2005

So I'm trying to use gccxml on my opteron (Linux FC4, gcc 3.2 and 4.0)
and it's having trouble with operator new.  From what I can tell, gccxml
thinks that operator new is defined as "operator new(unsigned int)",
while the system include file <new> thinks that operator new should be
defined as "operator new(size_t)", which is an unsigned LONG int
(probably 8 bytes) on my opteron.

I rebuilt gccxml from source to a 64-bit binary, and it still seems to
have this difficulty.  Is this hardcoded into gccxml?  I grepped through
the sources for this, but nothing jumped out at me.

Any suggestions on what I might do to fix this?

Dave Pare