[GCC-XML] function argument names

Ryan O'Hara ryanohara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:09:27 EDT 2005

Hello all,
    I am writing an application that requires function argument names,
but have found out that gccxml does not always output them.  After
doing some research, I found the explanation from this email
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/gccxml/2002-May/000065.html on
the mailing list.  If I could have some further clarification, it
would be greatly appreciated.

    In the the email, it is stated that because of the ambiguity of
the function declarations the names are thrown away.  This does not
make sense to me because any of the names may be used so that a
potentially valid name is thrown away.  There are several possible
solutions:
  a) gccxml outputs all function argument names
  b) gccxml chooses the first or last name declared
  c) let the user decide which name is chosen
Is there some option to do this? If not can this be done (I am willing
to implement the necessary features with a point in the right
direction)?

Thanks,
    Ryan