[GCC-XML] newbie questions : gccxml and template / gccxml-compiler options / ...

Nicolas Hognon nicolas.hognon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:34:34 EST 2005

Hello,

I start testing gcc-xml today and I already have some questions. I
cannot find answer any where on the web.

1. I've got the following code:

template <typename T>
class ClassArray
{
public:

	typedef const T*		ConstIterator;
	typedef T*				Iterator;

	ClassArray(int iCapacity = 0);

};

and I cannot see the ClassArray class in the xml file generated by gcc-xml.

Another code sample

class ClassTest3
{
public:

	template <class T>
	void
	MethodTemplate1(const T& iParam);

	void Method2(int a);

};

ClassTest3 and Method2 appears in the xml file but MethodTemplate1 is nowhere.

So is there a problem with template or I've missed something ?

My command line is
gccxml.exe TestBind2.h -fxml=TestBind2.xml

2. As I've got a problem with template I am thinking about compiler
emulation problem so I try to use the gccxml-compiler option to force
gcc-xml to emulate msvc7.
So my command line became
gccxml.exe --gccxml-compiler msvc7 TestBind2.h -fxml=TestBind2.xml
but I've got the following error
"Error finding MSVC 7.0 from registry.
Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting."

any idea/solution ?

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

(sorry if my english is a bit too bad)