[GCC-XML] Re: GCX-XML bug or future?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon May 23 15:35:14 EDT 2005

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> Sorry for incomplete post, hit the wrong button
>
>   Hi. Recently I asked to add new future to my pygccxml library: to use
> -fxml-start options.
> I found out next:
>
> "Namespace" element does not contain "members" attribute. It still
> possible to build relationship of declarations, but it is not
> convenient. Is it intended?

When using the -fxml-start option it is not known when a namespace is
dumped which members will be referenced by the time whole dump
completes.  In order to keep the code simple this was left out.  I've
written several parsers for the output and found that it is actually
easier to build the links using the "context" attributes than the
"members" attribute anyway.  Just keep a map from "id" to your
representation of each declaration.  Each time a new declaration is
loaded use its context attribute to get the declaration node for its
context and add it to that node's list of members.