[GCC-XML] 2 newbie questions about "pseudo"

John Morrison jm at mak.com
Fri May 27 11:45:56 EDT 2005

Hi;

I am getting XML records for C++ ABI symbols with variations of
"pseudo" appended to them:

__base_class_type_info_pseudo
__class_type_info_pseudo
__si_class_type_info_pseudo
__type_info_pseudo
__vmi_class_type_info_pseudo1
__vmi_class_type_info_pseudo2

(1) What's with the "pseudo" suffix?  I could not seem to find any
hits for these symbols either in /usr/include or via Google.

(2) I am trying to automagically generate bindings for the C++ code,
and the symbols that correspond to these records seem to be
different.

[jm at jmorrison LIBS]$ c++filt
_ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE@@GLIBCPP_3.2
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info@@GLIBCPP_3.2
[jm at jmorrison LIBS]$

What's the Right Thing To Do?  Ignore them?  If so, how I do I
programmatically detect these "pseudo" symbols in a reliable way, as
there does not seem to be an XML attribute I can use to detect them?

Thanks!

-jm

--
==== John Morrison