[GCC-XML] 2 newbie questions about "pseudo"

John Morrison jm at mak.com
Fri May 27 15:08:57 EDT 2005

Hi;

Please note it looks there is a spam filter issue at my mail transfer
agent, so please reply both to me and the list (I failed to get a copy
of my posting to the list)...

On Friday 27 May 2005 12:04 pm, Brad King wrote:
> 1.) If the name starts with "__" then you can ignore it because that
> namespace is reserved for internal implementation details of a compiler.
>
> 2.) Look for the "artificial" attribute for members of the global
> namespace.  This may be a sufficient filter.

The problem with the second one (and presumably the first) is that
while the types are marked as artificial, the variables (the vtables)
are not, so I was getting undefined types.  I don't want to write
Really Clever Software to figure this out, so...

> 3.) Use the -fxml-start option to avoid getting the extra types.  You
> just specify a starting declaration and the dump will only include
> things referenced by it.  Nothing references these "pseudo" declarations
> so they will not be dumped.

How do I ask for just the top-level namespace named "::" and avoid the
other ones "std" and "__gnu_cxx" ???  "-fxml-start=::" didn't work.

> GCC-XML was originally written to support another tool that generates
> bindings.  I used option #3 because it also provides a nice way to let
> the user specify what parts of the interface to wrap and instantiate
> templates to be wrapped.

I am trying to take the hint!

-jm

--