[GCC-XML] [ANN] pygccxml - 0.8.5

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 07:40:48 EST 2006

Hello!

I'm pleased to announce the 0.8.5 release of pygccxml.

What is pygccxml?
==============

The purpose of pygccxml is to read a generated file and provide a simple
framework to navigate C++ declarations, using Python classes.

Where is pygccxml?
===============

Site: http://language-binding.net/pygccxml/pygccxml.html

Download: http://language-binding.net/pygccxml/download.html

What's new?
===========

Features
--------

* Added new functionality: "I depend on them". Every declaration can report
  types and declarations it depends on. This functionality helps code
generators.
  For example, Py++, the Boost.Python code generator, uses it to
verify that all
  relevant declarations were exposed.

* Declarations, read from GCC-XML generated file, could be saved in cache.

Small features
--------------
* New type traits have been added:

   * is_bool

* Small improvement to algorithm, which extracts value_type
  ( mapped_type ) from "std" containers.

* Few aliases to long method name were introduced.

Bug fixes
---------

* "signed char" and "char" are two different types. This bug was fixed and
  now pygccxml treats them right. Many thanks to Gaetan Lehmann for reporting
  the bug.

* Fixing bug related to array size and cache.

For a more complete list, please see the news:
http://language-binding.net/pygccxml/history/history.html

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding