[GCC-XML] Adding GCC 3.4, 4.0 to Running.html? And VC8.0?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 3 18:53:54 EST 2006

John Pallister wrote:
> So I thought to myself, does GCC-XML support GCC 4.x? I checked
> gccxml.org, and it only listed GCC versions up to 3.3.x, but your most
> recent list post effectively states that you support 4.0 (which is
> great). So updating the web page to reflect that would be fairly
> marvellous (depending on how frequently my question is asked).
>
> Speaking of new compiler versions, what is the status of support for
> Visual C++ 8.0? Do you foresee any problems there? My six-month trial of
> Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite has arrived, and I'm keen to check it out...

GCC 3.4 and 4.0 are supported, as well as VC++ 8.  The fact that they
are missing from the documentation is an oversight which I'll soon
correct.  Thanks for pointing it out.

NOTE: The support for VC++ 8 has not been widely tested and I don't know
if it works at all with the free Express version.  If you try it with
any of these please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,