[GCC-XML] mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, etc...

Cyrus Harmon ch-gccxml at bobobeach.com
Fri Mar 10 03:26:34 EST 2006

First of all, I'm a new subscriber to the list but have been using
gccxml for generating lisp Foreign-function interfaces to things like
FFTW, libtiff, the QuickTime libraries, etc... and gccxml has been
great. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Now, on to my problem, I'm trying to use gccxml on MacOS X/Intel and
things seem to work, except for QuickTime, which includes a bunch of
mmx/sse/sse2/etc... intrinsics and their corresponding built-in
types. Doing -mmmx and -msse2 seem to help, but I think types like
__builtin_ia32_vec_init_v2si or -msse3 only and the current gccxml
doesn't support this. Any chance of bumping of the gcc version to
support this, or other suggestions on how to deal with this problem?
I'm new to this whole x86 world, so forgive me if this is a dumb or
otherwise inappropriate question.

Thanks,

Cyrus