[GCC-XML] Xrtti.h

Wesley Tansey tansey at vt.edu
Thu Apr 26 23:00:36 EDT 2007

I was waiting for someone to ask that question, as it took us about a
week of mind-racking to come up with a solution.  Unfortunately, since
it's one of the key novel contributions for our work, I can't release
the details until after the June 4th ASE submission deadline.  I hate
having to keep certain things a secret, but suffice it to say that when
we do release it, you'll definitely get an "ah-ha!" moment (after
spending about an hour trying to figure out what the heck is going on). :)

However, for a temporary solution, why not use the friend keyword?  That
was our initial idea.  Also, for #5 I know of at least one tool, C++2MPI
(not based on GCCXML), which does something very similar but slightly
tweaked due to the way that MPI works.

Wesley Tansey
Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science