[GCC-XML] Doubt on using gccxml for version compare

Indrajith K eeykay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:58:51 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I haven't used gccxml, but looking at the feasibility of using it in
my custom version compare application. My requirement is

I am given various versions of cpp files from year 2000; which runs
into few tens and in some cases hundreds. Now the task is to compare
each version to see the most affected functions.

The algo seems to be straight forward. I could compare two versions
and see whether the code is added/deleted or modified. Also I will get
information on the line numbers. Now the task is the relate this line
to the function / class it belongs. Please note that I have to parse
cpp files and not header files.

Could some body help me telling if I could use gcc-xml for this purpose.

Thanks and regards
kai