[GCC-XML] Default parameter values in member functions of templated classes.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 28 18:43:02 EST 2007

Nindi Singh wrote:
> The default values look interesting. gccxml does pick up that there is a default value
> for the second parameter of the constructor in both the templated and non-templated classes.
> However  <gccxml-cast-expr> is something I do not understand, should it not be the same as egclass() ?
> I am actualy using pygccxml and that does not pick up the fact there is actual a default value.

You've encountered a work around for a previous bug.  Years ago I had to
disable dumping of GCC's "CAST_EXPR" types in default values because
GCC's expression-to-string conversion did not support it.  It looks like
this work around is no longer needed since the update to the GCC 4.2
parser.  I've committed changes to remove the work around and restore
the intended behavior:

/cvsroot/GCC_XML/gccxml/GCC/gcc/cp/xml.c,v  <--  xml.c

If you update from CVS it should now be fixed.

Thanks for the detailed report.  That made it easy to find the problem.