[GCC-XML] request for your help: I'm running gccxml on win xp but it...doesn't accept "g++" as the compiler.

Pfeffer, Moshe MPfeffer at nds.com
Wed May 30 11:11:38 EDT 2007

Hello and thank you in advance for reading this question…

I installed gccxml v 0.6 onto my windows-xp machine (.exe installation file)

As I do not have Microsoft compilers on my computer, I attempted to run gccxml

With GCCXML_COMPILER="g++" as the lone entry in file gccxml_config

(I changed the line from GCCXML_COMPILER=cl, which was looking for

Microsoft C++ compilers).

I get the following error message, and no further, when I try to run gccxml with a simple

.cpp file as the only command line argument, or even if I manually specify GCCXML_COMPILER on the command

Line:

      gccxml --gccxml-compiler=g++ main.cpp

The error reads:

D:\Program Files\GCC_XML\bin\tests>..\gccxml main.cpp

Compiler "g++" is not supported by GCC_XML.

Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.

D:\Program Files\GCC_XML\bin\tests>

Note: the bin directory containing my g++ and cpp executable IS in the %PATH% environment:

D:\Program Files\GCC_XML\bin\tests>g++

g++: no input files

D:\Program Files\GCC_XML\bin\tests>cpp

#error

^Z

# 1 "<stdin>"

# 1 "<built-in>"

# 1 "<command line>"

# 1 "<stdin>"

<stdin>:1:2: #error

D:\Program Files\GCC_XML\bin\tests>

Can someone with experience advise me on this?

Thanks again, in advance.

Moshe

Thank you,

Moshe

"There is salvation in much counsel" -Proverbs
 תשועה ברב יועץ -משלי

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.  Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored.  NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.