[GCC-XML] Relative paths in GCCXML

Chris Friedemann chrfried at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:12:24 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I recently inherited a system that uses GCC to reflect values from c++ to
xml as well as a couple of other things.  Part of my task was to remove the
dependencies of VS 7.1 from the system, and the main culprit there was the
version of gcc-xml we were using.  I got the latest version off of the CVS
depot, but now I've hit another problem.

In each of the files that we are passing to gcc-xml, there is an #include
definition that points to a file that contains common definitions etc.  It
uses a relative path, such as "../../dirA/dirB/header.h".  After upgrading
the gcc-xml version, I now get errors that it cannot find "header.h" as
specified by the path.  If I make the path fully explicit then it works (ie
C:\dirC\dirA\dirB\header.h), but it won't if it has the "../" in the path
name.

Does anyone know of a solution or workaround for this issue?

Thanks,
-Chris