[GCC-XML] xml_find_template_parm encountered unsupported type field_decl

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 28 09:32:20 EDT 2008

Leonard Ritter wrote:
>> hi everyone,
>>
>> while parsing the headers of a proprietary base library that we use
>> for game development, gccxml stops with following output:
>>
>> Error occured while running GCC-XML: xml_find_template_parm
>> encountered unsupported type field_decl
> using the option -E i could track down the problem to this line:
>
>    sDList<sMemoryHeapFreeNode,&sMemoryHeapFreeNode::Node> FreeList;
>
> the compiler simulated is msvc8, most recent cvs build.

I can reproduce the problem like this:

  template <class T, int T::*> class A {};
  struct B { int x; };
  typedef A<B, &B::x> AB;

However, it is just a warning and gccxml still exits with code '0'.  Are
you using some other front end tool that thinks this is an error?

Anyway, I've committed a fix that should avoid the warning.