[GCC-XML] Re: gccxml doesn't accept absolute path names in #include

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Feb 7 14:23:06 EST 2008

David Cole schrieb:
> On 2/7/08, Thomas Heller wrote:
>>
>> Is it intended that after running the installer I still have to manually
>> start the bin\gccxml_vcconfig.bat script to build the support directories?
>> I have no experience with nsis, cann't this be automated?
>
> The installer runs gccxml_vcupdate.bat as part of its run. See
> CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS in gccxmlCPack.cmake. That should be
> sufficient to get it set up for use on a VC based build system. If you
> upgrade VC, you should blow away any gccxml installation and reinstall to
> pick up the new VC environment.

Hm, I can see this line in the gccxmlCPack.cmake file in the gccxml source directory:

  ExecWait '\\\"$INSTDIR\\\\bin\\\\gccxml_vcupdate.bat\\\"'

but I do not find a gccxml_vcupdate.bat file anywhere, be it the source dir,
the build dir, or the installation directory.

Nor do I see Vc6 and Vc71 directories under INSTDIR\share\gccxml-0.9, only
when I run the INSTDIR\bin\gccxml_vcconfig.bat file.

I have built from CVS, with MSVC 7.1, and I have Visual Studio 6.0, .NET 2003,
and 2008 installed.

Thomas