[GCC-XML] Function Bodies, Coding Standards

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 14 13:19:31 EST 2008

Bill McCartney wrote:
> I know that the code is being restructured, but I have gotten function
> body dumping working on the cvs head. I am cleaning up the code now, but
> I was wondering what the prefix on the functions should be...

Thanks for working on this.  The prefix should probably be "xml_body_".
  I'd also like the feature to be enabled only if a "-fxml-body" option
is given on the command line.  For now you can just create a
"xml_body_enabled" global variable in xml.c and test it before
dispatching calls to xml_body_ functions.  If I'm happy with your
implementation I'll integrate them and convert the variable to an option
and integrate.

> On an unrelated note, I am starting to work C support, and I was
> wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to get the C
> compiler to build...

You'll have to figure out how the autotools-based build system currently
used by GCC builds the C compiler and adjust GCC-XML's CMakeLists.txt
files appropriately.  Alot of it is shared with code already built in
GCC-XML's version so it may just be a matter of adding a "gccxml_cc1"
executable to contain the code.  A separate "xml_c.c" source should
probably be created to hold the C part of the dump code.  It would be
built into gccxml_cc1.

Good luck,