[GCC-XML] Fwd: non-default compiler

Matthew O'Meara mattjomeara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:01:04 EST 2008

(please disregard previous partial post!)

Hi,

Thanks for putting together a great piece of software--

I think I need to run gccxml with a non-default compiler but I am not sure
how to.

Currently I am calling gccxml like this:

gccxml -Ipath-1-to-project -Ipath-k-to-project -fxml=output-file.xml

I have gcc4.1 installed locally as the default compiler but I would like to
use gcc3.4 which is installed in a global network directory in
/net/COMPILERS/gcc-3.4.4/bin

I have a bash alias setup to point to the gcc3.4 executable for both gcc and
g++.

I think what I need is something like

gccxml -Ipath1-to-project -Ipath-k-to-project --gccxml-compiler=gcc
--gccxml-root=/net/COMPILERS/gcc-3.4.4/lib
--gccxml-executable=/net/COMPILERS/gcc-3.4.4/bin/gcc -fxml=output-file.xml

First have I set these variables in a coherent way?
Will run any differently from what I am currently doing?
Are there any other variables I should be using?

I read there is a GCCXML_CONFIG file in the install directory that contains
defaults, however I can't seem to find it.

Thanks very much,

Matt