[GCC-XML] gccxml-bodies: Trouble with errorcount

dj at djlauk.de dj at djlauk.de
Wed Jul 30 15:47:59 EDT 2008

Hi there.

It took a while, but I am finally updating to the "gccxml-gcc42-bp",
just before the switch to GCC 4.2.
I had to manually replay several changes, but in the end it all worked out OK.

Well, almost. Because now it doesn't build anymore :-(

I get this message:
......xml.c:101: error: `errorcount' undeclared (first use in this function)

I took the declarations part from xml.c and put it in a new xml.h file.
There it says

#if defined(GCC_XML_GCC_VERSION) && (GCC_XML_GCC_VERSION >= 0x030100)
# include "diagnostic.h"
#else
extern int errorcount;
#endif

So this should work, right?

If I ignore all that stuff and just include the "extern int
errorcount" declaration directly in xml.c the error is gone. (There
are other errors left, but when eating an elephant take one bit at a
time...)

Could you please help me out? I'm really confused about this one.

Cheers,
DJ