[GCC-XML] GCC XML fails to compile standard library headers like <new>

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 5 07:35:52 EDT 2009

satarupa pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using gcc xml compiler gccxml_cc1plus.exe (version might be 0.6,
> not very sure)

Version 0.6 is no longer supported, as stated here:

  http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Download.html

Please make sure you are using the latest version from CVS.

> One of Symbian S60 project includes standard library header <new> ,
>
> Gcc XML fails to compile it throwing error saying  operator new and
> delete throw different errors than previous declaration.

Compilers and their standard libraries are usually integrated
tightly.  In order to make GCC-XML parse the standard headers
of other compilers, it has a "Support" directory which contains
patched versions of headers from other compilers.  If you are
attempting to simulate a compiler that is not among those in
this support directory, then you need to create appropriate
support headers.

What compiler provides the <new> header?