[GCC-XML] Failed to compile pimpl idiom with up to date gccxml and boost's scoped_ptr

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 7 10:03:15 EST 2009

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Roman Yakovenko
> <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, I don't have a small example :-(. Let me investigate this and I
>> will come back to you tomorrow.
>
> Hi Brad.
>
> Unfortunately, I was not able to create small example, which reproduce
> the problem. So I extracted the problematic case from the tester:

Ugh, what a dumb mistake on my part.  My change to block addition of
pending templates accidentally treated the case as equivalent to
blocking an error.  This caused the method synthesization test to fail
and blocked any method that required a pending template to be added.

Fixed:

/cvsroot/GCC_XML/gccxml/GCC/gcc/cp/pt.c,v  <--  GCC/gcc/cp/pt.c
/cvsroot/GCC_XML/gccxml/GCC/gcc/diagnostic.c,v  <--  GCC/gcc/diagnostic.c

and cvs_revision updated:

/cvsroot/GCC_XML/gccxml/GCC/gcc/cp/xml.c,v  <--  xml.c