[GCC-XML] Have GCCXML judge pointers to be 64-bit

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 8 17:11:37 EDT 2010

Tony wrote:
> So I'm finally migrating some of my work to 64-bit, and I found that
> all PointerType's in GCCXML are 32-bit with my naiive settings.
>
> How can I get them to be size="64"? and of course respect the other
> usual suspects such as size_t?

Note that gccxml is meant to document the API, not the ABI.
The size attributes are just there because they were easy.
While we can simulate the preprocessor of another compiler,
we do not mirror its target architecture or ABI at all.

You might be able to build gccxml's internal GCC 4.2 parser
to target a 64-bit platform.  That's the only way AFAIK.