[GCC-XML] gccxml locating msvc9 (or msvc8)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 10 08:34:47 EDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 06:22 AM, Bo Jensen wrote:
> I am now trying to build on windows also, I use intel for my builds,
> but can see it is not supported

It may not be too hard to add Intel support.  I can help you
do it if you want to try.  There is an initial bit of work to
teach the gccxml front end about the compiler, but after that
most of the work is just in constructing system header patches
to get through gccxml's GCC 4.2 parser.

> so I use msvc9 (though visual studio 10 is default).
> gccxml can not locate my msvc9 installation from the
> registry, but how is this actually done ?

It *should* be picking up msvc9 from the registry.
What error message do you get?

The code is in "GCC_XML/GXFront/gxConfiguration.cxx".