[GCC-XML] gccxml vs _glibcxx_debug

Jakub Zytka kubol at kormoran.net
Tue Aug 10 12:31:59 EDT 2010

On 08/10/10 17:35, Brad King wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 10:21 AM, Jakub Zytka wrote:
>> As far as I remember gccxml (0.9) uses parser from gcc 4.2 which apparently
>> doesn't support stl debug mode (or does it? I've only seen some fragmentary
>> notes around the net, nothing definite)
>
> On 08/10/2010 10:50 AM, Doug Gregor wrote:
>>> In what version of GCC was the debug stl support added?
>>
>> Apple GCC 3.3, FSF GCC 3.4.
>
> It's been around since well before gcc 4.2.
I don't deny it :)
I was only concerned with support in gcc 4.2;

When i googled the error message only cases related to gcc 4.2 were found;
See eg.

Maybe it was just something related to apple's distribution, because fsf gcc 4.2
release notes mentions _GLIBCXX_DEBUG support.

> You might be able to copy/patch c++config.h from GCC 4.1 into
> GCC_XML/Support/GCC/4.1/bits/c++config.h and try arranging the
> namespaces the way they appear in GCC 4.2's header.  Unfortunately
> that may require patching all the other headers that use that
> namespace too.
I've got some lousy workaround for this issue for now.
I'm gonna verify gcc 4.4/5 + gccxml cooperation. If it shows up I have to tweak
some files then I'll probably prepare a support for gcc4.1 also.

Thanks Brad.

regards,
Jakub Zytka