[GCC-XML] static functions: no `static' attribute?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Aug 19 10:32:25 EDT 2010

Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> writes:

[snip]

>>     `inline' is reported, but not `static'.
>>
>>     Is this a limitation of gcc-xml or a bug?
>
> It was never intended to work.  It may be possible to implement but
> I do not know where GCC's parser keeps this information.  Take a look
> at GCC/gcc/tree.h, GCC/gcc/cp/cp-tree.h, and GCC/gcc/cp/xml.c if you
> want to try it.

This is something that I need because the functions are used as template
arguments on the files generated from gcc-xml output. As you know,
objects with static linkage are not admisible as template arguments, so
I must filter out those functions.

I'll try to add the feature. Thanks for the pointers, Brad.