[GCC-XML] support for new gcc versions

Stefan Roiser Stefan.Roiser at cern.ch
Wed Feb 10 08:50:14 EST 2010

Dear Brad,

we have recently tried to compile our software stack on a preview of the gcc compiler (i.e. a snapshot of the gcc repository trunk). That way we we are running on a "4.5" version. As this is not released yet it's also not included in gccxml yet. I have made gccxml aware of the new version (the trivial patches are attached). In general I wanted to ask if it wasn't possible to have the version numbers for gcc found outside the C++ source code. That way it would be easier to adapt to new versions and no need to recompile. IIRC this was the case in previous times via find_flags.sh. Alternatively would it be possible to create a "placeholder include" for any gcc version that is not released yet?

Cheers

	Stefan