[GCC-XML] gccxml_builtins.h and MMX instructions

Jason Roelofs jameskilton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:29:48 EDT 2010

The last I've seen this file mentioned for the issue is back in 2008: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.gccxml/360. In my case I too am using GCC-XML to parse the Ogre source and am running into more missing definitions for __builtins.

I've used this information to build signatures for the MMX (xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h) __builtin methods and types for Snow Leopard but am having issues figuring out what the signatures of some of the builtins.

My current gccxml_builtin.h: http://gist.github.com/487377

This gist also includes the current gccxml output I'm seeing for reference.

They all seem to work except for methods that get cast to the __m64 type, like

__builtin_ia32_cvtps2pi
__builtin_ia32_cvttps2pi
__builtin_ia32_pmaxsw

and I can't find any more information than what the compiler is giving me, which leaves me as stuck right now. If someone knows more about this and can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Once I've got this file working I'll put together a bug report to have this included in GCC-XML proper.

Jason