[GCC-XML] newbie: Are there any documents about the output of GCC-XML?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 24 08:24:38 EST 2012

On 1/23/2012 8:27 PM, shimauchi at wb3.so-net.ne.jp wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the output xml of GCC-XML.
> I'd like to know the meanings of each attribution (context, type, and so on).

The "context" is the C++ namespace or class/struct/union that contains
a given declaration.  The "type" is the C++ type in the obvious sense.
The value of these attributes corresponds to the "id" attribute value
of the referenced element.

> Are there any documents to help me?

There is no official output format documentation.
There is an unofficial DTD on the download page:

   http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Download.html

There might also be some information over at pygccxml:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygccxml/